Portfolio Solutions® is a remote RIA with employees in 10 states and clients distributed nationally. We take pride in our energizing, dynamic work environment and our dedication to serving our clients and each other. We’re rapidly growing in response to the increasing demand for our financial services and investment strategies, and we are looking for new members to join our team. If you’re passionate about helping clients achieve their long-term financial goals and love working in a team-based environment with exciting opportunities for personal growth and career advancement, you may be a great fit to join the Portfolio Solutions® team!
Portfolio Solutions® is seeking an experienced Operations Specialist to join our growing team. The Operations Specialist plays an integral role in supporting critical firm operational, compliance, reporting, and trading functions for client accounts. Portfolio Solutions currently has relationships with over 600 clients and $1.6 billion* assets under management (as of 4/15/21).
The role is also responsible for establishing and contributing ideas for department processes, procedures, and protocols, as well as supporting and maintaining the technology and workflows utilized by the client-facing and portfolio management teams at the firm.
Operations Specialist Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily operational aspects of our investment management and advisory platforms and the design and implementation of quality controls
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity across all systems and tools, including accurate billing, client reporting, and management reporting
- Create and operationalize efficient solutions to improve and automate workflows, reporting, real-time dashboards, and analytics capabilities
- Subject Matter Expert responsible for current systems as well as identification of enhancement opportunities or new technology considerations (familiarity with Black Diamond and Salesforce a plus)
- Client and service focused with a clear understanding of regulatory and compliance responsibilities
- Develop and implement operational processes and procedures to support current and future services delivered to clients
- Support the new advisor hiring and transition processes to help advisors transition new clients/assets and provide the operational training/instruction to effectively on-board new team members
- Assist and support the Chief Compliance officer in the maintenance and monitoring of compliance programs and operational practices to meet compliance requirements, coordinate with third-party compliance vendors, and facilitate internal compliance training programs
- Operations Specialist reports directly to the Chief Client Officer
- 4-year college degree
- At least 4 years of financial services industry experience in an operational role
- Experience executing trading and rebalancing of client portfolios
- Experience working with custodians such as Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Pershing, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complete in a timely manner with high follow-through
- Ability to work with a team, yet be a self-starter and willing to serve others
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Pleasant, friendly attitude, with an ability to adapt to change
- Strong listening skills, attention to detail, and decision-making skills
- Ability to think creatively and be innovative
- Desire and ability to embrace a Servant Leadership culture
- Prior experience using Black Diamond a plus